Test Case and Scenarios For OTP code Verification.
1. Verify for verification whether valid and correct OTP is generated or not.
2. Verify OTP code should be valid only for one time or not.
3. Verify the count for the OTP code generated should not be more than required.
4. Test the count for the OTP code generated should not be less than required.
5. Verify OTP code is sent to the user successfully or not within time or not.
6. Verify and confirm the time duration in which the user received the OTP- generated code sent by email.
7. Check the time duration for the OTP-generated code received by the user on mobile.
8. Verify OTP code fetched by the application from the message by default or user add manually. It depends on the requirements.
9. Verify by adding the valid OTP application must accept the code successfully.
10. Confirm whether the correct info message is shown or not in case if the user adds a valid OTP code.
11. Verify a proper error message should be shown in case if the user adds an invalid OTP code.
12. Verify OTP code should expire after the time allowed by the application or software.
13. Verify application should not accept the OTP code once expired.
14. Verify the user can request a new OTP code by clicking on the link or button resend code.
15. Verify on again request on clicking on the Resend link OTP code should be sent to the user successfully or not.
16. Verify whether the user should be temporarily blocked or not in case if it requests for new OTP code again and again.
17. Verify whether the limit is set for OTP code to resend multiple times or not. (For example, a maximum of five attempts is allowed per user)
18. Verify OTP code is case sensitive or not.
19. Verify OTP code is only numeric or alphanumeric.