QA Lead Position Interview Questions and Answers
1. What are the responsibilities of a QA Lead?
2. Brief upon how will be your typical/ideal day as a QA lead
3. Is QA lead expected to write test cases?
4. Can the team rely on you in case of issues? How do you handle team member issues?
5. How do you set objectives for the team members?
6. How do you provide feedback to a member who is not performing well in the team?
7. How do you plan for training?
8. How do you review test cases?
9. How do you appreciate a team member’s work?
10. How do you handle the situation if a team member is having a problem with you and has escalated the issue to higher management?
11. Do you prefer team outings? How often?
12. What are the things to keep in mind when planning for team outings?
13. How do you hire a member of the team?
14. What factors make you release a member of the team?
15. How do you make the new member in the team feel comfortable?
16. How do you introduce your team to the new process to be followed?
17. Which areas do you prefer that your team should specialize in?
18. Apart from testing activities, what other activities you would like your team to engage with?
19. How will you reject a member’s leave plan?
20. What are the risks that have to be avoided while testing?
21. How do you provide estimations?
22. What good practices you can bring in the team?
23. When is the bug in the new state, as a responsibility to open it, what factors you look into?
24. What Are the Steps You Follow to Create A Test Script
25. What Are the Key Elements in A Bug Report?
26. How Will You Overcome the Challenges Due to Unavailability Of Proper Documentation For Testing?
27. Is There Any Difference Between Quality Assurance, Quality Control, And Software Testing. What Is It?
28. What Is The Best Approach To Start QA In A Project?
29. Explain The Difference Between Smoke Testing And Sanity Testing?
30. Is There Any Difference Between Retesting And Regression Testing?
31. What Is The Best Approach To Start QA In A Project?
32. Explain The Difference Between Smoke Testing And Sanity Testing?
33. Is There Any Difference Between Retesting And Regression Testing?
34. What Are The Severity And Priority Of A Defect? Explain Using An Example.
35. What Is The Role Of QA In Project Development?
36. As Per Your Understanding, List Down The Key Challenges Of Software Testing?
37. It’s observed that the testers in your organization are performing tests on the deliverable even after significant defects have been found. This has resulted in unnecessary testing of little value because re-testing needs to be done after defects have been rectified.
You are the test manager and going to update the test plan with recommendations on when to stop testing. List the recommendations you are going to make.
38. Do you write test cases?
39. How do you resolve team member issues?
40. How do you provide feedback to a team member who isn’t doing very well?
41. How do you handle induction of new team members? OR What do you do to train new team members?
42. How much is your involvement in reviews of test cases, defects and status reports?
All Answers are available on QA STACKS...! Search on Console